Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Filter bubbles

a)What new information did you learn from the video?
A) From watching the video I learned that the internet is creating weird categories for you. For example if you were searching up information for a paper you wouldn't get exactly what you want. Also you won't be getting the same information as others event though you searched the same exact thing.
 b)How does this information make you think differently about what you see online?
B) This information makes me think about if I have real options and privacy online. When I watched the part about the fact that Google knew where you were sitting.. (like on a desk) It also makes me realize that maybe searching everything isn't as reliable as I thought. I google almost every thing that I want to know. 
 c)What questions does this video raise about the Internet in general?
C) The question that raises this about the internet is : "Is the internet a reliable source?" 
d)How can you improve the effectiveness of your searches?
D) Possibly by searching things not in sentence form.

No comments:

Post a Comment