Monday, March 10, 2014

NO TITLE

I typed in "communications major" and found this description:

MAJOR IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES

Communication Studies is an ideal major for students with multiple interests and diverse talents. The program provides tools for analyzing, managing, and improving communication in every arena of personal, public, and professional interaction. Our faculty value students who are eager to learn from and contribute to a flexible, challenging, and cutting-edge academic environment.  Our goal is to prepare students to take their place as responsible leaders, engaged citizens, and pioneering problem-solvers in their communities and chosen fields of work. To serve this goal, we strive to create challenging learning experiences that help students become both pragmatic and creative.
Our world-class faculty members teach courses and undertake research projects that blend theory with practice for productive, engaged criticism. Students in Communication Studies learn to evaluate communicative problems and produce solutions that adapt to changing situations and audiences. As a result, the undergraduate curriculum in this major rigorously prepares students for future participation in any number of diverse fields, such as advertising, marketing, management, public relations, political organizing and public affairs, consulting, and many others, as well as law and professional schools. You will find that professional opportunities abound and include a wide range of career choices.


After reading this it made me realize. This is what I really want to major in. I have multiple interests and I don't want to do the same thing forever. I like helping others and working with the community. But I also like to be informed about so many things. I want to work with technology as well as work on TV. Possibly be a news reporter??? Write a book??? I don't know exactly what I want to do first but all I know is that I'm going to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment