Monday, August 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1) Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?

Technology isn't an issue for me. Although I have bad luck with printers if we needed to print anything for class that would be my only reason for not doing some of the work. That's pretty much it. And sometimes I won't be home until 8 or 7 because of doctors appointments and my younger brothers Physical Therapy.

2) Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 

Well I can't think of a time where this happened in school. But a couple months ago I was watching Netflix and I came across TEDTalks: Life Hack. It was about body language and how you can shape yourself into something you think you can't be. "Fake it 'til you become it." was one of her quotes. It really caught my attention. The whole 20 minutes I didn't go on my phone. I didn't even look at the screen if it lit up or rang. I was watching it with my little brother and we were hooked. It taught me about not giving up. And to not be so negative. 

3) What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

I'm most excited about reading other peoples blogs and learning about others through a different perspective. Yeah, I usually talk to anyone and be friends with them but  I always believed a person's blog can show a different side of a person that you may have never found out. Honestly I look forward to learning about myself and the way I interact with others when it comes to school work I get very intimidated. I'm also excited to learn more new words because my vocabulary is very bland. I think this class will change that way I look at everything. I already right little sticky notes to myself if I come across another big question. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc If any of you want to watch the TEDTalk I came across this summer feel free to click this link! 

No comments:

Post a Comment